The Law Practice to Rely On
Entrust Your Legal Cases to Us
Our firm provides a full range of legal assistance to business clients, including the planning, formation, and purchase of a business. We advise clients on the best type of legal structure they need for their business to be able to achieve their purposes. We then help set it up, guiding clients through the often bewildering array of issues faced at the inception of a business. Whether it is a sole proprietorship, S-corporation, corporation, limited liability company (LLC), partnership, or limited partnership, we can create Articles of Incorporation, partnership agreements, and other business contracts.
Iwama Law Firm combines the fields of Elder Law and Estate Planning to provide comprehensive estate planning services coupled with elder disability and Medicaid planning issues.
- Community Property Agreements
- Power of Attorney
The sadness of losing a loved one is incomparable. Compassion and thoughtfulness are the keystones of our estate administration and probate settlement process.
Successor Trustee’s Obligations
Real estate transactions are often complex and full of innumerable details. There are many potential problems that can arise out of buying, selling, or owning a home: breach of contract claims and earnest money disputes, misrepresentation claims based on a failure to disclose defects, and disputes with neighbors over boundaries, to name a few.
We Participate and Engage In
- Condominium Conversions
- Conduction of Client Seminars
- Construction Documents and Contracts
- Development Entitlements and Development-Related Documents
- Drafting and Reviewing Contract Documents
- Land Use Issues
- Litigation at Both the Trial and Appellate Levels
- Mediations and Arbitrations
- Performing Schedule and Claim Analyses
- Preparing Actual Claim Submissions
- Preparing Draft Project Correspondence
- Zoning and Permits
Iwama Law Firm represents private owners, construction managers, general contractors, engineers, architects, manufacturers, and financial institutions.
Iwama Law Firm represents landlords and tenants throughout the Puget Sound area in legal actions involving:
- Disputes Between Landlords and Tenants
- Failure to Pay Rent
- Lease Preparation for Apartments and Commercial Properties Such As Office Buildings
- Lease Review and Negotiation
- Maintenance Issues and Complaints
- Rental Property Purchases
- Rental Property Sales
- Representation Before Local Agencies for Residential Zoning Changes
- Return of Security Deposits
A lease agreement in Washington typically contains many pages of fine print. To protect your interests as a tenant, whether residential or commercial, you should never sign a lease without having a lawyer review and explain the documents. Every line and box you initial is there for a reason. You may end up waiving important rights or committing yourself to paying rent even if you need to move out of the area for employment reasons.